Today I would like to disclose my first Android app in Google Play Store: sms2Group.
It is no more than a simple exercise due to an actual need raised by my mum: sending the same sms to a group of contacts. She needed a very simple app, since she’s making her first steps with a smartphone and was a bit overwhelmed by all the new things to learn.
I know there are a ton of apps for doing this kind of task, but I seized the opportunity to learn the basic principles of Android development.
Few things I learnt:
- What is an Android activity
- How to create a simple layout
- How to manage a list view
- How to save and retrieve data using a database
- How to start an intent
- How to differentiate the behavior according to the Android version
Since this is my first app, I’m quite sure that there are many things to be fixed: the source code will be soon available through github, so anyone can help me to correct my mistakes.